Segue-se o convite que a Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Minho nos enviou para que divulgássemos entre a comunidade académica, relativamente à 1ª conferência Internacional de Fibras Naturais, um tema que decerto tem todo o interesse para nós.
It is my pleasure to invite you to participate in the 1st International Conference on Natural Fibers – Sustainable Materials for Advanced Applications (ICNF2013), to be held in Guimarães – Portugal, from 9 to 11 june, 2013.
This will be a transversal conference on natural fibers, focusing on the latest advances on the processing, functionalization, characterization and applications of these materials in several areas (medicine, civil engineering, architecture, automotive, textiles, etc).
The topics covered by the conference include:
· Animal and plant based natural fibers;
· Fibers produced based on natural resources;
· Innovative and functional natural fibers;
· Nano- dimensional natural fibers (e.g., nano cellulose);
· Properties and characterization of natural fibers;
· New, efficient and cost effective processes for natural fiber extraction and processing;
· Natural fiber modification techniques;
· Textile processing of natural fibers (spinning, weaving, coloration, finishing, etc.);
· Advanced fibrous structures based on natural fibers;
· Natural fiber based polymeric and cementitious composites;
· Green composites;
· Applications of natural fibers in high-end sectors (civil engineering, medicine, transportation systems, sports, etc.);
· Innovative applications of natural fibers;
· Product design with natural fibers;
· Modelling and prediction of properties and behaviour.
The online abstract submission is now open till 15th February, at the official ICNF2013 website: www.ICNF2013.com.